Friday, October 28, 2005

Forbes - Attack of the Blogs!

I am indebted to Dennis Howlett and Owen Barder (a Londoner transplanted to Berkeley, California) for highlighting a Forbes front cover story that attacks we bloggers and the blogosphere, calling us a lynch mob. I can't add to Dennis or Owen's words, so please go and read about it there.

One thing I can say, is that I am completely unimpressed by Forbes.com. You have to register with the site to get at the article, which is free, but you have to wade through pages of tick boxes to subscribe/not subscribe to various newsletters, then you get a big advertising page to skip, and then a congratulations page pointing at the wrong article, at which point I had to go back to Dennis's site, and click the link again to find it. An ideal example of how not to do your site advertising.

But the thing that really upset me was that my country was not on the drop down list in the registration page. Now I know "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" might be a bit long for the drop down, but no UK, or even Great Britain. Thankfully they had remembered England. It's the kind of thing that gives those Yanks a bad name!

Technorati Tags : , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home